Michael Larsen Author Coaching
Now is the best time ever for you to be a writer. I love helping writers to earn the recognition and rewards they deserve. After 43 years as an agent, I’m now eager to do it as a writer, co-director of the San Francisco Writers Conference, and a coach for fiction and nonfiction writers. I can help you understand and meet the challenges you face, and take advantages of the amazing opportunities waiting for you.
- Developing your craft
- Being clear about your literary and publishing goals
- Figuring out the best publishing option for you and your book
- Getting the best possible agent, editor, publisher, and deal for your book
- Learning the fastest way to build the writing career you want
- Having a positive but realistic perspective about publishing
My experience as an agent and the author of successful books on proposals, agents, and marketing (coauthor) help me provide you with the customized advice, encouragement, and mentorship you need to succeed.
You are welcome to call me 10-4 Tuesday to Thursday, California time, so we can decide whether I can help you. If I can, I will ask you to send me in the mail:
- Work that you would like me to read (optional)
- A list of topics or questions you would like to discuss
- Unless we make another arrangement, a check for the amount of time you would like me to spend on your book, divided as you wish, between reading and talking. If you prefer, I don’t have to read your work, or I can just take a quick look at it at no cost.
When I receive your mail, I will call to arrange a time to speak and send you the latest version of more than 40 pages of handouts, the basis for our conversation.
Three ways we can talk:
- We can agree on a time for you to call me so we can speak on the phone.
- We can meet for coffee.
- If we will meet for at least two hours, and you would like to pay for lunch, we can have lunch.
You will be welcome to call after we talk if you have questions. Your success will be my success.
Standard fee: $75 for each half hour
Reduced fee: If you are unable to afford the fee, please email up to 250 words about yourself and the first 250 words of your proposal or manuscript, and tell me what you can afford.
Barter: If you have a product or service you would like to exchange, please ask.
Free: If you are writing a publishable book that will have lasting value for people and the planet, and you have the ability to promote it, I will be happy to share the handouts and advise you.